b Papa Dog's Blog: Some Brief Stuff Before I Walk the Dog and Go to Bed

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Some Brief Stuff Before I Walk the Dog and Go to Bed

Another short one, 'cause there's just no damn time.

It struck me a while back that, assuming the worst in the coming election, the bad guys will have an opportunity in 2008 to run their creature for a third term if they were just to embrace the fact that President-elect Gore won in 2000. The 22nd amendment says that nobody who's been elected President twice can run for a third term. Doesn't say anything about slimy dipshits who were appointed by the Supreme Court. Of course, the amendment does go on to say "no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once," which I guess would cover this instance, but I'm sure they could work a way around that rule too.

Ol' paul S, since you asked, is up to August 30 now.

And more tomorrow, one would hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home