b Papa Dog's Blog: P&G Cares What I Think. I Guess.

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

P&G Cares What I Think. I Guess.

It’s pretty unlikely this will be as interesting to anyone else as it is to me, but a stranger came to the faversham early this morning via an unlikely Technorati search. The parameters were: “dishwasher cascade.” I had to follow the search results to remember how that related to me; about a month ago, I did a post where I mentioned how a Cascade product had messed up our silverware. Hard to believe, but that one little mention placed me at the top of Technorati’s relevance list for “dishwasher cascade.” Anyway, the thing that interested me was when I looked at the Hostname of the person who had run that search. It was someone at “pg1px.pg.com.” If that means nothing to you, don’t worry, it meant nothing to me either; but I was curious enough to take a peek at www.pg.com and found - as you did if you followed that link – that it’s Procter & Gamble, the makers of, among a zillion other things, that farshtinkener silver-ruining Pure Rinse Cascade - which I must remind you all again NOT TO BUY. Anyway, my guess – and correct me if I’m wrong – is that somebody at P&G is getting paid to look at blogs and see how the various products are being represented there. I hope it’s a customer service effort rather than a crypto-fascist gathering of data for the quashing of dissent, because, in case you missed it the first time: THAT PURE RINSE CASCADE STUFF IS SILVER-TARNISHING CRAP!!!

(P&G, by the way, was (when I lived there) the big industrial employer in my old not-quite-home town. Somebody else owns the mill now, I've heard.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles Brownstein said...

Wait, wait, wait. Just this week you tried to reassure your readership that there's no reason to be paranoid about your obsessive tracking of hits and now you're attacking one of the readers hitting your site (albeit with the use of good deductive logic). Are you trying to win a job in the Homeland Security office?

3:39 PM  
Blogger Tarz said...

Actually, it was the liquid Cascade "with LEMON" that ruined our silverware. We'd been using the powdered stuff for years with no ill consequences. We're currently using the powder version of Cascade Complete (a big-ass muh'fuh'n Costco box of it) and it's worked dandily. Of course, now we're using stainless steel flatware because the liquid Cascade shite ruined all of our good silver!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home