b Papa Dog's Blog: Don't Breathe My Computer Air

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Don't Breathe My Computer Air

I was just about to shut the computer down last night when some sort of online gambling program decided that was a good time to install itself on my computer. I thought I'd gone through all the ironcladding I'd need to a few months back when I essayed a campaign against aggressive popups, but man this crap was nasty. I've spent the last 18 hours or so going through round after round of cleaning with Norton, Spybot, and various other cleaning products. I think it's licked for now, but I'm starting to think I need further defensive software. Plus, between that and the godawful heat of this "beautiful" day, I'm too pooped to faversham. More tomorrow maybe probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home