b Papa Dog's Blog: I'm Tired and Crabby, So Let's Just Do a Poll Thing

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Friday, October 22, 2004

I'm Tired and Crabby, So Let's Just Do a Poll Thing

You know what I hate? I hate polls on CNN.com or MSN.com or whatever corporate site that present multiple choice questions along the lines of: “What’s the greatest movie in the history of cinema: A) The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King; B) Finding Nemo; C) Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl; D) The Matrix Reloaded; or E) Bruce Almighty?

Long stupid day at work today enlivened only when an unexpected five-minute emergency turned out to be my Get Out of Jail Free card from the pointless office-wide staff meeting that was threatening to be an eternal torment, or at least one lasting from 3:30 to 5:30 and preventing me from getting done the actual work that piled up while I was archiving stuff that the marketing manager should have taken off the marketing drive a year ago.

Yes, that was a run on. Blow me.

It’s pretty sad to think that I felt like I was winning some sort of victory by “getting” to do my work, but at least I didn’t have to stay late tonight or be buried Monday morning. And I guarantee nobody in the meeting was awake enough to notice that I never came back.

So with that we’ll close the polls, get the new one up, and call it a day. According to my statistically valid sample of nine of you, my aversion to condiments is the most baffling, or at least it is to four of you. Two each were puzzled by my hatred of mushrooms and eggs, while only one thought ruling out every kind of seafood imaginable because of one bad experience with halibut in a lemon sauce was just a tad strange. Nobody stood up for beans, which I can’t say I find surprising.

I’m knackered. More tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home