b Papa Dog's Blog: Okay, I Guess I’m Not Quitting Yet

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Okay, I Guess I’m Not Quitting Yet

Well, wouldn’t you know it? Just as I’m feeling so thinly stretched and outly stressed that I can’t possibly manage to post one more night, something happens that’s just interesting enough to make me jot a few lines down during the daytime. The Embarcadero BART/MUNI station was shut down by a fire this morning. An orker tells me that there were at least a hundred fire fighters swarming around the station, three helicopters in the air, and all Market Street shut down as far as the eye could see. The interesting part (for me) is that late-rising Baby Dog made us so tardy getting out of the house this morning that I only missed this 9:30 fire by about ten minutes. It must have broken out about the time I was sitting down to turn my computer on. If I’d been just a bit later and missed the train I caught, I’d have been stuck in the East Bay for hours. Fortunately, BART’s up and running again, so I’ll be able to get home. Hope it doesn’t catch fire again before then.

In other news…sometime in the last while we discovered that Baby Dog knew our first names. The consonant sound that Mama Dog and I share in the middle of our names is kind of difficult for a baby, and it’s really fun to hear her approximate it. The funniest thing is she usually prefaces Mama Dog’s name with “Hey” (i.e., “Heymamadog”) because that’s what I usually say when I’m calling from another room. I ritually ask Baby Dog the names of all the members of the family. “What’s Daddy’s name? What’s Mummy’s name? What’s the doggie’s name?” Oddly, when I was doing that last night, the only name she wouldn’t say was her own, and that was the first one she knew.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tarz said...

Maybe her name is Rumplestiltskin?

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, BART suckin fuked today, if you know what I mean. I recommend that we all call in sick forever (1/2 true).

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home