b Papa Dog's Blog: Things We Did this Morning

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Things We Did this Morning

Baby Dog didn’t wake up until just before eight this morning, which was nice, but the sleep-in value was greatly diluted by the fact that the dog woke us up roughly once an hour all night long. Evidently he had the Trotskies, because there weren’t any possum corpses in the yard this morning. I was able to go right back to sleep after every interruption, but I don’t think Mama Dog fared as well. I got Baby Dog up – she greeted me by my first name as I walked into her room – and gave her breakfast while Mama Dog grabbed an extra little increment of sleep.

We did a pretty thorough morning at Tilden Park. Took another ride on the steam train, then went to the Little Farm for the first time in a while. It was sheep shearing day, which was novel. Baby Dog got to see one of the sheep getting shorn. “Baa baa black sheep,” she observed, accurately in all particulars. “Black sheep’s getting a hair cut,” I told her. “He doesn’t like it much. That’s why he’s saying ‘baa baa.’”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home