b Papa Dog's Blog: Avast, Outfoxed, and We're on Our Way Soon

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Avast, Outfoxed, and We're on Our Way Soon

I have to spend the morning packing and then we’re on the road to Santa Barbara, so I don’t have time to do much in the way of favershamming today. After relentlessly posting since day one, the week out of town might finally make my “A Thing Wherein I Sometimes Remember to Write Some Stuff” tag line accurate.

Last night, we had the Pirate family over for supper – they know who they are but I remain doggedly anonymous herein, and if we’re going to have cutesy stupid code names then, damn it, so is everyone who makes a cameo. Mama Dog made quiche; Baby Dog obligingly slept for two hours just before company arrived and then woke up crying the minute food was on the table; and Baby Pirate tried out the Fisher Price Aquarium swim and favoured it with gleeful screeching approbation. Ice cream and movie followed, with little girls remaining mostly quiescent, which is good because the movie was all talk. It’s Outfoxed, a scathing exposé of the most scurrilous channel on basic cable, the unfair and unbalanced Fox “News” Channel, and if you haven’t seen this documentary then you really ought to. It’s playing at theatres in the Bay Area, but if you don’t live here or don’t want to leave the house (kamerad!), you can do like I did and order a copy straight from the producer. Oh - and don't be put off by the fact that the video and audio are out of synch at the start. It's corrected right after the opening credits, and maybe they'll get around to fixing it in later printings. For the first few minutes, just watch people's eyes as they speak. It's less freaky that way.

Maybe I'll do more when we’re in SB, who knows. Now, for some reason I feel compelled to say “Seacrest out,” but I think I’ll skip it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles Brownstein said...

Good show on the steady stream of posts. Godspeed on infant's first road trip. I'm told a few drops of brandy are good for inducing sleep, but that practice seems to have fallen out of favor in this century.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home