b Papa Dog's Blog: Potpourri for $1,000, Alex

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Friday, September 10, 2004

Potpourri for $1,000, Alex

It just occurred to me that today is my last actual day of leave. The next two days are just a run-of-the-mill weekend. After three months, it’s going to be very hard to leave wife and baby and go back to working for the man every night and day. I can’t possibly overstate how glad I am that I took the time off, and I only wish I could stay home indefinitely – and not just because I hate having a fucking job, either. Forasmuch as it’s worth, my recommendation to any expectant fathers out there is, if you can find a way to afford it and if you work for an employer large enough to be subject to the Family Medical Leave Act, take the full three months. See your child grow from squalling infant to budding babyhood. It’s worth it. Nothing could be more worth it. All of y’all – be a man; know your child.

***

Skip the next paragraph if you don’t want to spend any more time than you already do thinking about anal hygiene:

Last night I made Mama Dog laugh by saying that I probably wipe Baby Dog’s ass better than I do my own. It’s true, though – a baby’s hygiene is a potential matter of life and death. Mine is nothing that can’t be remedied with a good long shower if necessary.

***

Just in case anybody thought I was making it up, here’s a photo of Mount Mutt Mitt (click on it to get a better idea of the scale), mentioned in yesterday’s post (is it just me, or is anybody else reminded of Tony Montana?). Note the baby bottles on the left and the Magna Doodle on the right. I really do have a baby! We really do write notes on a kid’s toy! We really are so cheap-assed we steal a ton of poop bags from a public park!


Mount Mutt Mitt Posted by Hello

***

I think there were a few more items to get to, but I kind of have to do this in a hurry so that I can get back to entertaining the rents. If I remember any of it, I’ll get to it tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tarz said...

Baby Dog & I will miss you, too, when you go back to work!

How did you manage to post a photograph on your blog? Oh, the amazing things one can do with technology these days!

-Mama Dog

4:13 PM  
Blogger Tarz said...

Baby Dog & I will miss you, too, when you go back to work!

How did you manage to post a photograph on your blog? Oh, the amazing things one can do with technology these days!

-Mama Dog

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home