b Papa Dog's Blog: Home Alone, Day 2

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Home Alone, Day 2

It sounds like Baby Dog’s doing better. I’ve just been a bum all weekend, watching TV, gambling, and eating shitty food. I did indulge myself this morning, sleeping in until almost 9:30. This has been unheard of for some time, but it felt great.

In a bit of a crisis for tomorrow. It occurred to me kind of late in the game that Mama Dog’s flight doesn’t get in until the evening, which means there won’t be anybody home to let Doggy Dog out until I get home from work. Normally, Mama Dog’s home by 5:30 or so, and that’s kind of at the outside edge of his limit for suppressing the call of nature. I usually can’t get home until 6:30 at the earliest. I’ve been scrambling about trying to find somebody either to visit Doggy Dog during the day so he has an extra bathroom break or to cover the last hour or two of my shift at work so I can duck out early. I really wish I’d thought of this a week ago and made arrangements. Oh well. I’ll work it out how I work it out. Worst case is I blow off work for an hour. If I have to, I have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home