b Papa Dog's Blog: Fun, Fun, Fun

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Fun, Fun, Fun

We have an old joke here. Well, we have a bunch of old jokes here, but there’s one in particular I mean. It’s fairly simple. When we tell Baby Dog that something will be fun, I will intone, deadpan, “You’ll have fun, fun, fun, ’til I take the T-Bird away.” I said this often when Baby Dog was too little to understand the words, let alone the Beach Boys reference.

The joke went into hibernation, as jokes will, then it re-emerged once or twice in recent months. I didn’t think it had made any particular impression until the other morning when I was putting Baby Dog in the car. As part of the morning ritual, I tell her to be a good girl for her daycare provider. Then I try to get her to list the names of other kids at the daycare. “Who will you play with?” I ask. “Abigail? Liam?” Sometimes she says other names, sometimes not. The day in question, I improvised, “You’re going to have lots of fun.” Baby Dog replied, solemnly, “T-Bird away.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home