b Papa Dog's Blog: No Coke, 7-Up

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

No Coke, 7-Up

Like the late Mr. Vargas (who undoubtedly pined slowly to death from a broken heart after Easy Rider’s big coke customer killed his wife), I’ve recently switched to decaf.* I’m staying the course. Today I accidentally got a Coke from the soda machine. Pure force of habit, I unthinkingly hit the big red button. At first I thought, “Aw, hell, I’ve spent the sixty-five cents, I might as well have the Coke. Just one’s not going to kill me.” Then I thought of my official “last bottle of coke” still sitting on the high shelf in the kitchen, and I just couldn’t do it. I left the Coke on the break room table for whoever might want it and got a 7-Up instead. To tell the truth, I’m not really noticing a difference from the caffeine reduction. But at least today I don’t have to start over counting my clean and sober days.
__________________
*If you want me to clarify this morass of film references, just ask.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tarz said...

Okay - I get the reference to Vincent Schiavelli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High; however, you've lost me on the Easy Rider part. Please elucidate!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home