b Papa Dog's Blog: Saturday Siesta

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Saturday Siesta

Yesterday afternoon when Baby Dog went down for a nap, Mama Dog took the opportunity to take a snooze herself. I hunkered down on the couch to read my book, leaving Doggy Dog to whine on the other side of the gate. Baby Dog’s toys were all over the floor, and I didn’t feel like cleaning them up; since many of them look to Doggy Dog like very chewable dog toys, that meant he stayed in the kitchen. I’m very into the book, but I’m also running on short sleep through the week. I’d only read a couple of pages when my eyelids started to feel droopy. I stretched out and dozed.

A while later, I was jolted awake by the sound of Halmonie trying to get her key to work in the door. As my head cleared, I realised the funny picture we presented; me sacked out on the couch, Baby Dog napping in her crib, Mama Dog asleep in our bedroom, and Doggy Dog twitching his hind leg as he dreamed on the kitchen floor. Each of the house’s four major rooms was occupied by a different member of the family sleeping away the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home