b Papa Dog's Blog: Laugh About It, Shout About It, When You’ve Got to Choose

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Friday, October 01, 2004

Laugh About It, Shout About It, When You’ve Got to Choose

I thought I’d be home in plenty of time for the debate last night, because every article I’d read said it was on at nine o’clock. It wasn’t until I called Mama Dog before leaving work and she said, “I’m watching the debate now,” that I was slapped in the face with the stunningly obvious: that’s nine eastern! “D’,” as Homer Simpson is wont to say, “oh!”

I managed to catch the last fifteen minutes or so and thought – not to put too partisan a spin on it – that the War Hero seemed poised, Presidential, and unusually concise whereas the lying AWOL Cokehead seemed even more benumbed and addled than usual. Not quite Admiral Stockdale territory, but at times he did look a little uncertain about the answers to essential questions such as “Who am I?” and “Why am I here?” Perhaps next Tuesday I’ll get home in time to see the corporate crook take on the guy with the hair.

It’s going to be a muy busy weekend…poker at the Pirates’ Saturday night, party at our house Sunday afternoon. There’s a possibility that the new Dell was delivered today, but since I’ll have no time to hook it up, I’ll still have to contend with our imploding Gateway all weekend. Will I manage to keep the streak alive by posting Saturday and Sunday? I’ll be happy to take bets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home