b Papa Dog's Blog: My Famous Wife

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Friday, April 22, 2005

My Famous Wife

There’s Celebrity, then there’s celebrity, then there’s minor celebrity, then there’s reality show celebrity, then there’s fleeting appearance on reality show celebrity, then there’s basking in the reflected glow of one’s spouse’s fleeting appearance on reality show celebrity, and that’s where your humble correspondent is at these days. I don’t know how many of the people I spammed about Mama Dog’s appearance on the Opera Winkly show actually watched it, but the ones who did sure have been in touch since. Most of them ask “Did you and Baby Dog get to go to Chicago too?” To which I reply, “Read my damn blog. I don’t have time for individual conversations.” Well, no, I don’t reply that. But if I was a mean person, that’s probably what I’d reply. Situations like this do remind me of a key reason for starting a blog in the first place, though; to avoid repeating the same old news over and over again. Just write it once, click “Publish,” and there it is for posterity for all time, or at least until Blogger crumbles under the weight of Too Much Information.

It seems the neighbourhood caught the show, too. Coming home from work last night, the lady in the house to the north paused in watering her lawn to hail me and say, “Tell the TV celebrity I saw her!” Right after the show on Wednesday, Mama Dog got an email from a member of the neighbourhood parents group saying “I was just flipping through channels” (uh-huh, sure you were) “and happened to see a bit of Oprah. There was a woman on it who looked just like you. Was that you?” The capper came tonight as we returned from another swell dinner at the Pirates’ (Mama Dog brought the leftovers from the homemade lasagne she heroically prepared yesterday). As we pulled up, several of our neighbours to the south passed on the sidewalk. One wee tot on a scooter called out to Mama Dog, “I saw you on Oprah!” My famous wife. I feel like Chad Lowe or something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to bask, as well. Three people at work either watched or asked about my sister-in-law's brief moment of fame. They thought she was well-spoken and attractive. And that it was very neat she got to go on. Much like I did.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

It was a great show! I enjoyed it!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home