b Papa Dog's Blog: Not Really Much of a Post But Give Me a Break Because My Head's Still Sore from Thinking of Five Anecdotes Yesterday and Now I Want to Watch Teevee

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Friday, April 01, 2005

Not Really Much of a Post But Give Me a Break Because My Head's Still Sore from Thinking of Five Anecdotes Yesterday and Now I Want to Watch Teevee

Today was Baby Pirate’s first birthday – no kidding! – and happy birthday to her. A year ago today, we were thinking “Holy shit, the Pirates really have a baby. We’re going to have one soon too.” Today we’re thinking, “Holy shit, the Pirates really have a one-year-old. We’re going to have one soon too.” This basic sentiment will be repeated at regular milestones for years to come.

Thoughts on the mini-polls: I really should have mentioned this in the last post, because a lot of people looked at it who probably won’t be looking again any time soon, but I will reveal the answer to the April Fool’s puzzler. Just not right away. I think I’ll leave it up for a week or so and see how well you guess in aggregate. I had fun with this and think I might make it a regular thing.

As for the poll that was removed yesterday – the question was “Assuming the services of the world's best reconstructive surgeons, which right-wing yelling head blowhard and/or nutcase do you think would make the prettiest woman after gender reassignment?” Sean Hannity got four votes, Rush Limbaugh and George Fwill one each, and not a one for hatchet-faced old Bill O’Reilly. The winner, with five votes, was Ann Coulter. Now, I don’t know how y’all were reading the question, but if I was to give it a lawyerly parsing, I’d have to interpret your response to say that you (in aggregate) think that Ann Coulter as a man would still be a prettier woman than Sean Hannity as a woman. Just so we’re all clear on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home