b Papa Dog's Blog: Quick Notes

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Quick Notes

Took the day off today to get my mouth rearranged. Temporary crown in the lower left back. Permanent crown two weeks from now. In the afternoon, I went toy shopping with Baby Dog and Halmonie. After watching other kids playing at the neighbourhood picnic a couple weekends ago, I had decided that Baby Dog needed a ball. I got one with a picture of a dog on it. I had also decided she needed a new book because I was getting bored with all the old ones. I got The Very Busy Spider, another of Eric Carle’s greatest hits. This one’s good because it has all the animals Baby Dog’s come to know, along with their stereotypical dialogue. She’s very familiar with cows, ducks, dogs, cats, and owls. Starting to become more familiar with pigs and sheep. This one also adds goats, horses, and of course spiders, who don’t really have a particular sound associated with them. Also got a little green stuffed lion because she wouldn’t let go of it after browsing the stuffed animal shelf. I couldn’t even pry it lose at the cash register, and had to read the price to the cashier while Baby Dog waved the toy up and down.

Visited what will soon be Baby Dog’s daycare. Very much favourably impressed.

Mama Dog and I saw Billion Dollar Brain at PFA tonight. I approached it solely as a curiosity and was pleasantly surprised to find it greatly entertaining for about two-thirds of its length. After the hoedown apparently staged by Leni Riefenstahl, it kind of went downhill.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Have you gotten The Very Quiet Cricket or the Very Lonely Firefly? Those are GREAT Carle books!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home