b Papa Dog's Blog: Home Alone, Day 3: Papa Pirate Saves the Day

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Monday, October 10, 2005

Home Alone, Day 3: Papa Pirate Saves the Day

I was unable to get anybody to cover for me at work today, but Mama Dog reminded me that the Pirates have our spare key, and I recollected that Papa Pirate’s work schedule often leaves him at home in daylight hours. Sure enough, he was able to come and walk Doggy Dog around the block this afternoon, and reported that not only did the dog take a dump, he was good enough not to kill anything while being perambulated by a vegetarian.

Mama Dog and Baby Dog are, as I type, waiting to catch a BART train back from the airport. I eagerly await their arrival, and am hurriedly checking the living room carpet for any spots that might have been befouled by drunken poker louts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

What wonderful friends you have to help take care of the pooch. We love our neighbors, but we haven't gotten to that "here's a key when you need it" stage.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Tarz said...

Judy - The pirates are a lot more than neighbors. I've known Papa Pirate since 1980, can you believe it? They're practically family to us.

Twizzle

10:09 AM  
Blogger PapaDogDuvalier said...

And actually, they're not really neighbours. We live in different cities.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home