b Papa Dog's Blog: I Win the Lottery

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Saturday, October 29, 2005

I Win the Lottery

Okay, I was just kidding about buying myself some luck, but two draws after that post about the lottery, I bought a ticket that turned out to be worth $180. Three numbers right plus the Mega. Best I’ve ever done. Baby Dog and I strolled proudly over to Wally’s today to collect my winnings. “A hundred and eighty, my friend,” said Wally, jovially, counting out nine twenties. “I’ll give it back to you gradually,” I promised. I gave some thought to taking my winnings in thirty-six annual instalments of $5 each, but my accountant advised me that while that would reduce my tax penalty I would more than offset that in earned interest if I took the lump sum. So hell yeah, a hundred and eighty beans all at once. Baby doesn’t actually need a new pair of shoes yet, but we bought her some pyjamas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Congrats on the windfall! And congrats to the baby d for the jammies!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home