b Papa Dog's Blog: The Parting Glass: Addendum

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Friday, October 21, 2005

The Parting Glass: Addendum

So last night I was in the kitchen putting away the dishes or something of that nature and Mama Dog was putting Baby Dog to bed. I heard Mama Dog say “Now Daddy will come say good night,” so dutifully I stopped what I was doing and went over to Baby Dog’s room to say good night. Baby Dog was standing up in her crib. When she saw me, she held up her arms and started saying “Songs! Songs! Songs!” So, yeah, I guess that’s the new entrenched bedtime SOP. It’s a new and thrilling thing, though, that Baby Dog is capable of communicating the importance she places in our little routines. We sat down in the rocker together and sang The Parting Glass, and then she went contentedly to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home