b Papa Dog's Blog: Yes, Really, MORE Obnoxious

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Friday, October 14, 2005

Yes, Really, MORE Obnoxious

Dreadful ride home tonight. I was surrounded by a gaggle of drunken office harpies bound for their enclaves on the other side of the Caldecott after a round of TGIF margaritas in the bar by the office. They were talking very loud shit about absent co-workers, shrieking and laughing and cussing up a storm. The one on the seat next to me had the most ridiculous babydoll voice. She sounded like Fran Drescher sucking helium—only more obnoxious, if you can imagine that. Ordinarily, the ride through the Transbay tube is a very lulling interval of white noise. Tonight, all I could hear the whole way was the screaming beeyatches surrounding me. It’s Friday, I’ve worked late, I’m trying to make it home before Baby Dog’s bedtime. All I want to do is relax and read my book, you know? Too much to ask? Evidently.

It was a busy afternoon but a slow morning, and I took the time to fix up my quiz for the Thanksgiving dinner. I kind of think Mama Dog will do well on certain sections, but it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion that the one unequivocal Canadian in attendance (other than me) will win. It’s going to be a busy weekend, making preparations tomorrow then the party itself on Sunday. Don’t expect much more than this sort of thing from me this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Enjoy the meal - sorry about the loudies on the way home. They should be a little more considerate of those around them.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have marbles!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home