b Papa Dog's Blog: Now a Joke for all the Chemists in the Audience

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Now a Joke for all the Chemists in the Audience

So, yesterday I was getting my morning tea in the lunch room when I noticed one of the junior engineers laughing at the coffee machine. There was a post-it stuck to the decaf barrel, saying: “The decaf is actually filled with regular. I screwed up. Dan.” That would be Dan the Chemist, whose talent for disorder is legendary but ordinarily confined to his own office. The junior engineer said, “He’s a chemist! You’d think he’d get the chemicals right.” I hastily scrawled a second post-in note and slapped it at the bottom of Dan’s note. It read “The strength of this coffee has been flagged ‘J,’ estimated.” I suppose I’m micro-tailoring my material here, so you’ll have to trust me – if you’ve ever read a data validation report, that one’s a real knee slapper. Well, maybe a polite chuckle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tarz said...

Duh -- I don't get it! [I'm not part of your target micro-audience.] Could a chemist please speak up and 'splain?

Thank you.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home