b Papa Dog's Blog: In Which I Type Some Words without Undue Thought to Their Content (Or Indeed Even Their Order)

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

In Which I Type Some Words without Undue Thought to Their Content (Or Indeed Even Their Order)

It’s been a busy day, it’s late, and I’ve nothing much on my mind, so this is going to be another lame post. The only really memorable experience of the last 24 hours was going to pick Baby Dog up at daycare last night. I rarely get to be in on the pick-up, but because I had the day off to get a blood pressure lecture, I was able to join Mama Dog. It was my first time since Baby Dog had moved down to the big kids’ floor. I’d heard about this phenomenon, but really didn’t believe it until I saw it with my own eyes: when we got to the daycare, Baby Dog was one of a row of babies sitting in a neat row against the wall, raptly attending to story time. There were only three or four children left when we got there, but I guess it starts out with the whole lot of them against the wall, sitting quietly. How do they do that? Baby Dog was so raptly intent on the story that she didn’t even notice us standing there until I said her name. They know them some baby tricks at daycare.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles Brownstein said...

I dunno. Sounds like Jonestown, Jr. to me.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home