b Papa Dog's Blog: Shall I Check Your Ba-Poo?

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Monday, March 13, 2006

Shall I Check Your Ba-Poo?

It doesn’t seem possible, given how verbal she’s been for so long, but apparently Baby Dog has been secretly (and unbeknownst to us) storing up even more extra language skills. Today’s shocking phrase: she toddled up to me, looked me in the eye, and said, “Shall I check your ba-poo?”* She makes no distinction between first and second person, of course, simply repeating back the familiar phrase she’s heard dozens of times from me, from Mama Dog, from Halmonie. I scooped her up and took her to the changing pad, where I found her diaper so sopping that it had soaked through to the inside of her polar fleece pants. If only she had thought sooner to ask so politely for permission to check my diaper.
___________________
*Which is the word she invented for diaper many months ago; it’s what we usually say ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home