b Papa Dog's Blog: And Miles to Go Before I Sleep (or at least to the curb and back)

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Thursday, December 09, 2004

And Miles to Go Before I Sleep (or at least to the curb and back)

Whew, it’s been a long-ass day. Just finished a bunch of freelance work that’s kept me occupied all evening after a busy work day. Mama and Baby are asleep, and I still have to take the garbage out. I’m still stupidly compelled to post this before midnight.

At least I had some time for some nice play with Baby Dog before she went to bed (easily tonight, for which we are truly thankful). I made her laugh by nuzzling her tummy with my chin. She’s very grabby now. When I gobble at her belly, she grabs hold of my hair and particularly of my beard, which has somehow willed itself back into existence in recent weeks. Tonight she even grabbed hold of my glasses and pulled them off my face as I leaned over the high chair to give her a kiss hello. It probably all doesn’t sound like much, but these are the memories that keep me going through the long tedious day at the mill.

A typically terse but informative comment from ol’ paul S re my Pierre Berton post: “Berton died the day the Bush came to Canada. He actually bumped Bush as the top news story of the day in the papers and TV news.”

Had a walk with Doggie Dog tonight, along our customary evening route, to the mailbox and back. There’s a traditional little joke I do if someone’s walking with us. After Doggie Dog has done his business, I’ll scoop it up and as we walk along, I’ll repeat to myself as though striving hard to remember: “Right hand, poo; left hand, mail.” Even better effect can be derived if I have, say, Chinese leftovers in my left hand rather than mail.

That’s me done for the night. Ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home