b Papa Dog's Blog: A Quickie. But Vote in the Poll!

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Sunday, December 12, 2004

A Quickie. But Vote in the Poll!

I did my Ho Ho shopping today. It took me about 15 minutes on Harry and David. Man, I’m glad President-elect Gore invented the Internet.

Baby Dog had her second Hanukkah party tonight – her second Hanukkah party in Alameda, even – and again had a lovely time until the arrival of the cranky hour. I don’t really have anything further to say on the subject, but I’d like to pause for a moment in contemplation of the many legitimate spellings of this festive season: Hanukah, Hanukkah, Hannukah, Chanukah, Chanukkah, Channukah, Channukkah. I prefer “Hanukkah.” I like beginning it with an “h” rather than a “ch” because I feel that’s better for my throat over the long run. And of the “h” spellings, I pick this one simply because I find the doubled kays graphically pleasing. They look festive, I think. Plus, as Willy Clark points out in The Sunshine Boys, kays are funny.

Don’t really have much time for a post as we have a long evening of television ahead of us. I’ll just leave it at this…plus I’m going to trim the celebrity babysitter poll down by two more choices – seems you’re willing to leave your child in the hands of an unstable substance abuser and a domestically violent crooner. I think the next round is going to be a lot tougher. Get your votes in now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home