b Papa Dog's Blog: A Tiny Bit of Puffery About My Weight Because All I Did Today Otherwise Was Work Late and Now I Have a Streak to Save

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Friday, January 28, 2005

A Tiny Bit of Puffery About My Weight Because All I Did Today Otherwise Was Work Late and Now I Have a Streak to Save

I guess I haven’t caught you up on my weigh loss quest, probably on account of the initial news was of a rather sheepish quality. After my initial half-pound loss, fate and our social calendar conspired to make me a cheese-eating hog for the following week. We had fondue night, then there was mac & cheese, then there was pizza. Where was all this cheese coming from all of a sudden? I don’t know, but I knew where it was going – straight down the old (to quote my darling wife) word hole. Under the circumstances, I was greatly relieved when the week was over and the extent of the damage was the half pound regained. 200.5 again. So much for my “I’ll never be over 200 again” smugness.

This week, though – I guess I was good. No slabs of cheese, no chocolate bars at tea time – just fruits and vegetable for snacks, honest to Crom. When I looked at the lardimeter this morning, I had to blink and recheck the digital readout twice because the number looked wrong starting with a digit other than “2.” Somehow I dropped 3½ pounds last week, and I couldn’t be more chuffed about it. Yay me. Time for ice cream.

1 Comments:

Blogger RachelleCentral said...

I know where the weight you lost went to...I've got it.

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home