b Papa Dog's Blog: Goodnight, Irene

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Goodnight, Irene

We've been running late all day, at least since I was unable to get Baby Dog's garment over her head on the first three tries and each successive attempt became a bigger struggle until it turned into a full-on screaming meltdown. After work, we were late eating dinner, late getting Baby Dog into the bath, late getting her to bed, and only now at 9:30 is she asleep, the dishes done, the dog fed, the counter cleaned, and peace reigning. I just want to lie down, read my book, have some ice cream, and commune with the wife. So goodnight Irene, goodnight Irene, I'll see you in my dreams.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Some days are like that - you run late and the whole day goes off-kilter!

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home