b Papa Dog's Blog: Smashed Glass, Bloody Finger, Date Night (not all three are related)

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Smashed Glass, Bloody Finger, Date Night (not all three are related)

This afternoon I was putting away dishes and attempting to entertain Baby Dog, languishing in her highchair, by singing along to “All My Little Words.” As a consequence, I wasn’t really watching what I was doing and smashed a glass on the edge of the shelf. Could have been worse. The shards landed in a fairly contained area, and though I was standing near the playpen, none of it landed therein. I picked up the big pieces and vacuumed the area, then Mama Dog vacuumed it more just to be sure. I took the trash bag with the glass in it out immediately and compounded my dumbness by pushing on the edge of the bag while trying to bundle it up tight. Der, yes. Glass in the bag – pushing on it not a good idea. Sudden sharp pain in finger. Oh yes, blood. I went back inside and to the bathroom, running cold water over the cut, watching the red red krovvy circle down the drain, my droogs. I was starting to get a little nervous because it didn’t seem to be stopping easily. Mama Dog dug out the first aid kit, and we taped a thick bandage on. When I removed the bandage later, there was hardly any blood in it at all. Must have stopped bleeding right after I taped it up. Oh well.

Because Halmonie’s back in town, we were able to have that much-recommended date night. Actual dinner and a movie kind of deal. Nothing fancy. Burgers at Fatapple’s and then an evening show of The 40 Year Old Virgin. Can’t remember the last time we went to an evening show. Did you know UA charges $10 for a full-price ticket nowadays? Sweet Christmas, as Luke Cage used to say.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Date nights are ALWAYS a good thing!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Platelets and ... water? Not a match made in heaven.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home