b Papa Dog's Blog: Piled Higher and Deeper

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Piled Higher and Deeper

I don’t know how she could have found out what last night’s post said, but I kind of thing Baby Dog viewed it as a challenge. This morning’s pre-daycare diaper went past baroque and approached the apocalyptic. I won’t got into great detail because I don’t want to scar Charles forevermore, but…well…she somehow managed to hit her shoulder. How’d it get up there?

Judy, no, nobody’s sick – at least, not anything worse than the residual effects of the cold we’re both still trying to shake, consisting mostly of sniffles. The little girl just seems to be generating waste quantities greater than the capacity of the diaper. Mama Dog suggested this morning that maybe we need to switch brands. They do seem to have containment problems. I can’t even remember why we stopped using cloth, but I sure miss it. For one thing, when the diaper gets out of control like that, you can always sop up the excess with another cloth diaper. Try doing that with another Huggie.

In other shit – how about that frothing nutcase and alleged “man of God,” Pat Robertson? My suspicion is that when he called for the assassination of Hugo Chávez, he was just following the consistent tendency of his confreres of the extreme wrong, namely getting his centuries mixed up. While wrong-wingers normally travel back in time to the nineteenth or eighteenth centuries, Robertson was taking only a short trip to the late twentieth, mistaking Chávez for Salvador Allende. If that’s the case, his bewilderment over the criticism he’s received is understandable; he was just articulating U.S. government policy in Latin America (ca. 1973).

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Are you using Huggies? I had the worst luck with them and the poopage with both boys. For some reason, when you get a lot of pooping going on, they just can't handle it, at least not here.

I tried Pampers for a while, and I like them alright, but our store-brand diapers ROCK here. I am so very impressed with them - I get 100 diapers (a box) for $15. And, sometimes I get a $5 off coupon.

Yes, I'm cheap. But, they work!

8:28 AM  
Blogger PapaDogDuvalier said...

Yes indeed, they are Huggies. Glad to hear it's not just us (I guess). Unfortunately, we just bought about a shipping contianer's worth of them at Cost Company.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Tarz said...

I hear from my friends that Pampers Cruisers are the best for containing poo; trouble is, they're not available in bulk from the warehouse club stores. Because we're cheap, I don't want to pay grocery store prices for a slim pack of 40 diapers; I want cheap but good diapers!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home