b Papa Dog's Blog: Baby Dog on the Mend; Dod Vs. Noodness

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Baby Dog on the Mend; Dod Vs. Noodness

The girl’s doing better, thanks. The wonder drugs really kicked in today. She was her happy chatty self again and seems to have regained some of her appetite, though she still seemed mostly interested in guzzling apple juice today. Apple juice is the first consumable item she’s been known to ask for by name, a development that’s arisen only in the last few days.

Also this weekend, she’s learned to mildly blaspheme. Specifically, she’s picked up the phrase “Oh my God!” We don’t want to get it trouble with her daycare – though we know it’d be pretty small potatoes compared with Baby Pirate, who got in trouble for teaching her class that “four fluffy feathers on a fiffer-feffer-feff” are not the only words beginning with “f” – so we’ve tried to redirect a little. Today on the changing pad, Baby Dog was trying out various of her new bits of vocabulary. She said “Oh my Dod!” and smiled at me. I said, “Oh my goodness,” in a tone of gentle correction. “Oh my noodness!” she replied. We’ll see if it takes. If it does, I’ll be fully prepped when the time comes to break out the “fudge.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a certain eldest nephew cheerfully exclaiming "There's an asshole and there's an asshole" as he pointed out rig pigs while perched on his Dad's shoulder's following an evening movie. Luckily no one was injured. Our vocabulary changed eventually.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

So good to hear that Baby Dog is on the mend. Croup is no fun at all! Hope everyone is back in their routines today!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home