b Papa Dog's Blog: Too Bad Governments Don't Topple that Easily Here

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Too Bad Governments Don't Topple that Easily Here

One of the drawbacks of living in a foreign country, surrounded by foreigners, is that news of the default country isn’t always easy to come by. I might not have even known that the the government was in trouble had I not happened across a bit of the debate in the Commons on CSPAN over the weekend. I’m so thoroughly out of touch with the political scene that I totally missed the scandal that brought the government down and barely knew who any of the players were. This Harper guy, he looks like a used car salesman from Medicine Hat. paul, is he as bad as he seems? It’s a good thing they’ve got this Internet nowadays. If I had to rely on American print media for political news, I’d never get any further information. Word of the dissolution of Parliament was trumpeted prominently in the San Francisco Chronicle – page A6, below the fold.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Harper is as bad as he seems. He wants to privitize health care, sell us out to the Americans, etc.

paul Anonymous

7:39 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Sadly, that's the way American media is - national/local takes precedence, and it must be a media holiday if we get world coverage. Drives me NUTS.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home