b Papa Dog's Blog: A Few Unrelated Things, Hastily Jotted

Papa Dog's Blog

A Thing Wherein I Infrequently Write Some Stuff

Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Few Unrelated Things, Hastily Jotted

An old friend from Colorady – long-time reader, first time commenter – who chooses to go by the unfortunate handle of “The Dead Guy,” writes: “Gooseberries grow on bushes – and birds love them. Adore them. So if you want to actually retrieve any gooseberries from the bush, (gooseberry pie is delicious) you need to lay a mesh net over the bush. This keeps the birds from getting past and doesn't give them access to any but the gooseberries right at the ends of the branches. Saves the rest for us.

“Mrs. Dead Guy and I have had a gooseberry bush in our front yard for close to 20 years, and make ample use of our gooseberry net!”

I guess it’s just as well I didn’t mention the part in Peter Rabbit about the cucumber frame, whatever the hell that is. Some sort of frame in which to grow cucumbers, I suppose.

A rainy rainy day today. I was pretty soaked by the time I got to work. My jeans didn’t feel properly dry until lunch time or so. Mama Dog had to cab baby to daycare and herself to work this morning on account of the car’s in the shop. I may be a little fuzzy on the details, but I think it had something to do with being soaked in brine overnight.

Lastly, I think I speak for – well, paul and myself anyway – when I say we miss Wendie Jo already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home